20.2.10

Percy Jakson and the lightning thief movie review


I just watched “percy Jackson and the lightning thief” with my brother this afternoon. And as I promised, I will give the review.

As someone who read the book at the fitst place, maybe I shouldn’t make any kind of judgement (knowing that every movie based on books always end up disappointing) but still I can’t stop my self not to.

i did make a list of the differences between the movie and the book, but i got tired along the way (too much to mention, believe me, it's like i could almost write my own novel), so i'll just make some pointers of what's wrong:

  1. the kids supposed to be 12.
  2. luke has a scar on his face
  3. they all didn't know that percy was poseidon's son until after "capture the flag" game
  4. they didn't ran away, they got a prophecy from the oracle to go west.
  5. the quest wasn't about finding all marbles, but they must take the road because zeus will be so mad if his rival's son traveling by plane--his territory.
  6. Ares, the god of war. has the most important role, yet he's not in the movie.
  7. Hades is not the bad guy. hades lost his Helm of darkness too. Hades is always be the god of the dead and of course he's bitter about his role in the underworld and want to be on mount olympus instead of hell. but he's not the bad guy in this story.
  8. Ares's the bad guy!!

and I try to leave alone the appearance facts about how Annabeth supposed to be blond--come on, Annabeth on the movie is very beautiful, but they can at least dye her hair blond! Percy supposed to look like a boy who's been bullied a lot--not the much better-cuter version of Zac Effron--and Grover has brown hair and white skin(no offense, they just have to stick to the character in the book)..

I bit my tongue the whole movie tried so hard not to protest about one single thing!!! This movie gave me a hard time about it. Harry Potter Movies seems to be in the right order of its books compare to this movie.

No comments: